What is a Tummy Tuck Surgery in Lahore Or Abdominoplasty?
Tummy Tuck Surgery in Lahore, also known as Abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure done to remove excess fat and hanging skin of the abdomen. And, in most of the cases, strengthen the weakened or separated muscles making an abdominal profile that is flatter, smooth and firmer.
Who Are the Best Candidate For Tummy Tuck?
- Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery is suitable for both i.e. men and women who are in good health.
- Women who had multiple pregnancies, abdominoplasty is a useful procedure for tightening their belly muscles and removing the excess hanging lower abdominal skin.
- An Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery is also a procedure of choice for both men and women who had recent weight loss (either due to bariatric surgery or diet and exercise) but still have resistant fat deposits or loose hanging skin on the belly.
Book an Appointment:
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Operation?
Following are the two main types of abdominoplasty or tummy tuck:
- Standard/Complete abdominoplasty or tummy tuck – which tightens underlying muscles and removes excess skin across the whole belly area, including above the navel. The scar extends from one hip bone to the other hip bone.
- Mini abdominoplasty or tummy tuck – which tightens the lower abdominal muscles and removes excess skin below the navel. The scar is shorter as compared to the standard abdominoplasty usually over the C-section scar area
Other types include:
- Lipo-abdominoplasty: it can be combined with both standard and mini abdominoplasty. Liposuction is first done to remove the excess fat from the belly area and the sides. This helps in better contouring and re-draping of the abdominal skin
- Fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty: this tummy tuck technique is used in patients with recent history of massive weight loss desiring abdominal wall muscle tightening and skin contouring. As they have skin excess in both the vertical and horizontal axis. So in order to remove this excess skin, in addition to horizontal incision, a vertical incision in mid of abdomen is given.
Tummy tuck operation is usually done under general anesthetic. The length of operation will depend on the type of surgery, but it could take up to 3 hours.
Generally speaking, a full abdominoplasty involves:
- The surgeon will make a horizontal, curved incision (cut) near the pubic hairline, which runs from one hip bone to the other hip bone.
- The fat tissue and skin are lifted from the underlying abdominal wall muscles.
- The surgeon will then tighten the stretched and divaricated muscles to reposition them to the center of abdomen.
- The Excess abdominal fat and Excess hanging lower abdominal skin are cut
- The navel/ belly button is shifted to new position on the remaining abdominal skin.
- Drains are placed for 24- 48 hour duration (depending upon individual condition)
- The incisions are then closed with either tape, stitches or clips.
What to expect from tummy tuck surgery in Lahore?
- Tightened and toned abdominal wall muscles
- Removal of excess fat and skin of abdomen
- Well-contoured belly and body shape
- Restoration of self-confidence
- Ability to wear body fit clothes
- Remove lower abdomen stretch marks
Tummy tuck cost in Pakistan, Tummy Tuck in Lahore, Best tummy tuck Clinic in Lahore:
Cost of tummy tuck in Pakistan varies from patient to patient, depending on the type of surgery performed.
Furthermore, experience of Surgeon. Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid as Tummy tuck Surgeon in Lahore who offers affordable tummy tuck cost in Pakistan. Lahore Plastic Surgery is the best tummy tuck clinic in Lahore.
Book an Appointment:
Instructions after Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Tummy tuck surgery in Lahore or abdominoplasty has a down time of 7-10 days.
- Whether you are having a mini or complete tummy tuck, the part that’s operated on will be bandaged and will be wearing abdominal binder for comfort and support.
- It is very important to follow all your doctor’s instructions on how to care for the bandage in the days following surgery. The bandage used will be a firm, flexible band that helps proper healing.
- Your doctor will also teach you on how to best place you while sitting or lying down to ease pain.
- You will need to take up to 1 month off work after the tummy tuck surgery to ensure proper recovery.
Before and After Photos – Tummy Tuck Surgery in Lahore:
Tummy Tuck Surgeon in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Tummy Tuck in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Abdominoplasty :(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Disclaimer:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Frequently Asked Questions (Tummy Tuck Surgery in Lahore) By Clients:
1. What happens at initial tummy tuck consultation?
Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid (Tummy Tuck Surgeon in Lahore) will discuss your goals, and assess the weakness of your abdominal wall muscles, excess hanging skin, and excess fat in and around the abdominal wall. He will than discuss the type of tummy tuck surgery that suit you and your expectations.
2. Will Tummy Tuck Surgery Help to Lose Weight?
- Tummy tuck surgery is not a weight loss procedure and should not be encouraged in obese patients overweight.
- It is a body contouring procedure, which does help remove localized fat from the abdomen, and excess sagging skin.
3. What Is Recovery Like After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
The overall recovery process from tummy tuck surgery usually lasts six to eight weeks. For the first week you will experience moderate discomfort and a feeling of tightness in your abdomen. You will be required to wear a post-surgical compression garment for the first four weeks. This helps control swelling and fluid retention in the weeks following your surgery. It also helps your abdomen take on its newly sculpted shape.
Most patients return to work and regular daily activities within three to four weeks. Exercise and vigorous physical activity will need to be avoided for six to eight weeks to allow the repaired muscles to heal.
4. How Long Do the Results of Tummy Tuck Surgery Last?
- The tummy tuck surgery results are usually very long lasting.
- Patients who maintain their weight and lifestyle can expect the results to last for many years.
- However any weight changes and becoming pregnant after tummy tuck surgery can negatively affect the results. For these reasons it’s recommended that those undergoing abdominoplasty are close to their ideal body weight and are not planning a future pregnancy.
5. What anesthesia will be used and how long will have to stay in hospital?
- Tummy tuck surgery is performed in general anesthesia by certified anesthetist.
- Usually one has to stay average 48 hours in hospital for postoperative pain management and patient care.
6. How many times post-operatively I have to visit the doctor?
You will require minimum of 3 post-operative appointments with Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid (Tummy Tuck Surgeon in Lahore):
- 1st appointment a week after the surgery,
- 2nd appointment at 3 months post-surgery,
- And the final appointment at 6 months after surgery.
If you need any further detail in between, you can call us or text us on WhatsApp for guidance.
7. Tummy tuck cost in Pakistan:
The cost of tummy tuck surgery in Lahore, can be quoted after initial assessment and can vary depending on the goals and the complexity of the procedure.