Eyelid Surgery in Lahore or blepharoplasty also called an eyelift.
Eyes are reflection of one’s soul, expression of one emotion, a mode of communication and also the sign of aging
With aging the skin around the eyes loses its elasticity and weakens the musculature. For the eyelids this results in hanging folds of skin in the upper lids and deep creases in the lower eyelids. As the muscles get slack beneath the skin causing the fat, which cushions the eyes in eye socket, protrude outwards to give baggy appearance of the eyelids.
Blepharoplasty Surgery in Lahore or eyelid surgery in Lahore is a cosmetic surgery done to remove excess skin from the upper eyelids and reduce bagginess from the lower eyelids.
Blepharoplasty Surgery in Lahore is usually done for cosmetic reasons but is also an effective way to improve the sight in older patient whose sagging upper eyelids get in their vision.
An eyelift surgery will not get rid of dark circles under your eyes, the crow’s feet on corner of eyes, or other facial wrinkles. It can also be combined along with other procedures such as facial filler injections, Nano-fat grafting, BOTOX or laser resurfacing.
Indications for Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty Surgery:
- Have an excess hanging upper eyelids skin.
- If the upper or/and lower eyelids appear puffy, giving your eyes tired and aged look.
- If you have sunken lower eyelids.
For Appointment (Eyelid Surgery in Lahore):
Procedure (Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty)
Before The Procedure:
- Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery in Lahore is performed on an outpatient basis. This means that you can go home soon after the procedure.
- It takes around 2-3 hours if both upper and lower eyelids are done together.
- The surgeon will mark the incision on both upper and lower eyelid skin while in sitting position
- The doctor will use local anaesthesia (numbing agent injected around the eye) with oral or I/V sedation.
- General anaesthesia is only used for some patients when it is combined with other procedures.
During The Procedure:
Upper Eyelid Surgery:
The upper eyelids are addressed first. The doctor will make an incision in the upper eyelid fold and through the incision remove the excess skin, as well as muscle and the bulging fat. The surgeon will than close the incision with very fine stitches which are usually removed on 5th post-operative day.
Lower Eyelid Surgery:
There are several techniques of performing lower eyelid surgery:
- In the traditional subcutaneous method, incision is made just below the eyelashes extending slightly in crow’s feet area, trimming the excess lower eyelid skin and fat, and tightening the lower eyelid muscle and fascia.
- The trans-conjunctival approach, is effective in addressing the lower eyelid bags and puffiness, the incision is placed on the inner side of the eyelid. Through this approach surgeon can only remove the excess fat but not excess skin.
So this technique is indicated in patient with lower eyelid bags without skin excess.
After The Eyelid Procedure:
- You need to spend some time in a recovery room after the eyelid surgery, where you are monitor for complications.
- After surgery you may for the short term experience.
- Blurred vision from the lubricating ointment applied to your eyes, watering of eyes, light sensitivity, numb eyelids, swelling and bruising.
Risk Factors (Blepharoplasty Surgery in Lahore):
After the surgery, possible risks of eyelid surgery contain:
- Cysts where the skin was sewn together
- Drooping upper eyelid due to inadequate removal of skin
- Excessive muscle removal leading to difficulty in closure
- Skin discoloration
For Appointment (Eyelid Surgery Cost in Lahore):
Eyelid Surgery Before and After Photos – Eyelid Surgery in Lahore
Eyelid Surgery cost in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Blepharoplasty Surgery in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Eyelid Surgery:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Eyelid Surgery in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Frequently Asked Questions Blepharoplasty Surgery in Lahore By Clients:
What is ideal age to undergo eyelid surgery?
There is no fined age limit for undergoing eyelid surgery. Excessive hooding of skin in the upper lids, or fat bags in the lower lids are common signs of aging. The exact age depends on your genetics. Certainly, ones in their forties and fifties comprise the majority of patients undergoing eyelid surgeries.
How is the recovery from Blepharoplasty Procedure?
After the procedure, you’ll have very fine stitches in both lids that will be removed 5-7 days. It is usual to have some swelling and bruising, but it settles down in 7-10 days.
How long the Blepharoplasty Results lasts?
- Upper Blepharoplasty surgery is usually good for around 7-10 years and Lower Blepharoplasty surgery hardly needs to be repeated again.
- However the eyes will still age after the procedure. If the upper lid sags again, a forehead lift is than the procedure of choice.
Precautions Before Undergoing Blepharoplasty in Lahore?
- You need to quit smoking at least 3 weeks before the procedure and for 7-10 days after the surgery for smooth recovery.
- Smoking leads to more bleeding during the procedure and consequently to more bruising and poor wound heals.
- You also need to stop taking Blood-thinning medicines, if possible 5 days before the operation after consultation with your primary physician.
What will the eyelid surgery in Lahore incisions and scars be like?
In upper eyelid surgery incision is made in natural lid crease and will keep the scar hidden along these natural folds. Furthermore very Fine sutures are used to close the incision thereby minimizing scar visibility.
In lower eyelid surgery incision is made in an inconspicuous site along the lash line and smile creases of the lower lid.
Can blepharoplasty surgery remove the wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet), and dark circles under the lower eyelids?
The blepharoplasty surgery tightens the skin, many wrinkles may go away. Some fine wrinkles like crow’s feet around the corner may not. For which BOTOX can be done.
Dark circles under the eyes may improve a bit if related to eye bags, but the dark color of the lower eyelid skin remains.
When can I resume my daily activities?
You will be advised ice packs on the eyelids for two days, and no bending, lifting or straining during the postoperative time as it can increase swelling and delay wound healing
Avoid exercise for at least two weeks to decrease the risks of bleeding, swelling and bruising. More strenuous activities and sports are not allowed for at least one month.
Also Read Related Articles:
- Tummy Tuck | Abdominoplasty Surgeon in Lahore: Click Here To Read
- Rhinoplasty Surgery | Rhinoplasty Cost in Pakistan: Click Here To Read
- Botox Treatment in Lahore | Botox charges in Lahore: Click Here To Read
- Liposuction in Lahore, | Liposuction Cost in Pakistan: Click Here To Read
- Eyelid Surgery cost in Lahore | Eyelid Surgery in Lahore: Click Here To Read