What is Thigh Lift Surgery?
A thigh lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that aims to improve the appearance of the thighs by removing excess skin and fat. The surgery can be performed on both the inner and outer thighs, and the incisions are typically hidden in the natural creases of the skin.
The surgery is also known as a thigh lift, thighplasty, thigh tuck, leg lift, or leg tuck.
Indications for Thigh Lift in Lahore
The best candidates for thigh lift surgery are people who are healthy and fit, with realistic expectations.
People who have lost weight after bariatric surgery and are bothered by excess skin and fat on the upper legs are also candidate for thigh lift surgery.
The best results come from people with good skin elasticity.
Benefits of Thigh Lift in Lahore
Some potential benefits of thigh lift surgery include:
- Improved appearance of the thighs
- Reduced thigh size
- Improved contour of the thighs
- Reduced appearance of cellulite
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence
Call Today OR Book Your Consultation With Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid:
- Hameed Latif Hospital: 0305-9738995
- Ittefaq Hospital: 0302-4884063 (Yasir)
- Book consultation with Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid: Click Here
Types of Thigh Lift in Lahore, Pakistan
There are three types of thigh lift surgery:
- Inner or medial thigh lift: This procedure involves making an incision in the groin area and removing excess skin and fat from the inner thighs. The incision may extend vertically down the inner thigh to remove excess fat and skin from medial thigh. This type of surgery is often combined with liposuction to help contour the thighs.
- Outer thigh lift: This procedure involves making an incision along the outer thigh and removing excess skin and fat from the outer thighs.
- Total thigh lift: This procedure tightens the skin and muscles of both the inner and outer thigh. This type of surgery is the most invasive and carries the highest risk of complications, but it can provide the most dramatic results.
Procedure of Thigh Lift Surgery Near Me:
A thigh lift can be performed in general or local anesthesia, with or without sedation. The choice of anesthesia depends on the extent of the procedure being performed.
The incision for a thigh lift is made in the groin and may extend down the inside of the thigh to the knee. In many cases, the incisions can be placed in the folds of the skin. In this way, they can be hidden when wearing a bathing suit or underwear.
After the incisions are made, your surgeon will separate the skin from the fat and tissue underneath. He or she will then remove the excess fat and tissue. The skin is then pulled up and the incisions are closed with stitches. A drain may be placed in each thigh. This is done to help drain away any fluids that may collect under the skin. The drains are usually removed one to two days after surgery
What is the recovery time for Thigh Lift Surgery?
Most patients will stay in the hospital for 24 hours after surgery. You will be asked to walk around as soon as possible after surgery. This helps decrease the risk of blood clots forming in your legs. You:
- can expect to take a week off from work or other activities.
- should avoid lifting heavy weights during this time.
- will have drains in place for few days after surgery. These drains help to remove excess fluid from the surgical area.
You will need to wear a compression garment for 6-8 weeks after surgery. This garment helps to minimize bruising and swelling and to help shape your new look. It is important to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for at least two weeks. Any pain is controlled with oral medication and subsides completely in a few days.
Complications of Thigh Lift:
Possible complications of thigh lift surgery include infection, bleeding, blood clots, and reactions to anesthesia. There is also a risk of scarring and skin necrosis.