What is a Brow Lift Surgery?
A brow lift surgery in Lahore is a cosmetic procedure that repositions your forehead to raise the brow, reduce forehead wrinkles and give you a youthful appearance. Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid is one of the best Brow Lift Surgeon in Lahore with a high patient satisfaction rate.
As you age, the skin loses its elasticity. The accumulated effect of sun damage weakens skin and gravity pulls the eyebrow down, causing the outside of your brow to sag, which makes you look sad or tired because of drooping eyebrows. If you’re looking to correct these natural changes to your body, a brow lift surgeon in Lahore might be right procedure for you.
What does a Brow Lift surgeon in Lahore do?
A brow lift procedure corrects:
- Wrinkles on your forehead
- Sagging eyebrows (hooded eyes) to make your eyebrows look more youthful and awake.
Call Today OR Book Your Consultation With Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid:
- Hameed Latif Hospital: 0305-9738995
- Ittefaq Hospital: 0302-4884063 (Yasir)
What are the types of brow lift procedures?
There are several types of brow lift procedure:
- Endoscopic brow lift.
- Several small incisions are made behind the hairline. An endoscope is inserted through one of the incisions to view the underlying muscles and tissues of forehead.
- The surgeon than lifts the forehead tissues and anchors them in place with sutures, incisions are then closed with stitches or small clips.
- Temporal brow lift.
- This procedure is done through small incisions just behind the hairline near the temples.
- Direct brow lift.
- This procedure is done by removing the excess skin above the eyebrows. A direct brow lift is usually done in people with bushy eyebrows. It takes shorter time and can be done under local anaesthesia.
- Coronal brow lift.
- This procedure involves making an incision behind the hairline from ear to other ear, primarily on the top of the head. Then the forehead is lifted into its new position, with the scalp in front of the incision overlapping the scalp behind it.
The overlapping scalp is then removed, and the remaining scalp is sewn together.
Brow lift surgery typically takes about 1 to 2 hours.
Will a brow lift change the eye shape?
No, a brow lift does not change the shape of your eyes or fix lower eyelid bags. A Brow Lift Surgeon in Lahore correct your eyebrows and forehead only.
Is there a nonsurgical brow lift?
A nonsurgical brow lift procedure uses Botox® (botulinum toxin) to smooth out wrinkles on your forehead.
A nonsurgical brow lift offers some of the same benefits as a surgical brow lift, including:
- Reduces forehead wrinkles.
- Elevates your eyebrows.
- Reshapes your eyebrows.
- However, these injections aren’t permanent and you’ll need repeated treatments to keep your results.
Brow Lift Surgeon in Lahore Describes Procedure Details
What should I do to prepare for a brow lift procedure?
Before your brow lift procedure, your Brow Lift Surgeon in Lahore will tell you everything you need to know before the surgery. Some of their preoperative instructions may include:
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before the surgery.
- Avoid taking certain medicines like aspirin.
- Grow your hair out to cover your scars.
- Have someone available to accompany you for the procedure and post-operative care
Is a brow lift an inpatient or outpatient procedure?
Brow lift is an outpatient procedure. Usually, you won’t need to stay overnight in a hospital.
What anaesthesia is used for brow lift procedure?
In brow lift procedure you could receive either local anaesthesia to numb the area of your forehead where the procedure is performed or general anaesthesia that puts you to sleep, depending upon the type of procedure performed.
Post-operative instruction after brow lift procedure:
To reduce surgical site swelling, you will be guided to keep your head elevated or using cool packs around your surgical site as instructed (not directly on top of your forehead).
Does a brow lift cause scars?
Yes, a brow lift incision does have scars. Your surgeon will do their best to hide the scars either at your hairline or in your hair.
How long does a brow lift last?
- A brow lift is a permanent cosmetic procedure and the results could last a lifetime. However it is possible to see the results of your brow lift fade as you age. This happens because your skin loses elasticity as you get older, your wrinkles can return but they won’t be as deep or severe.
- You can improve the longevity of your brow lift by wearing sunscreen to protect your skin from damage.
What is a thread brow lift?
A thread brow lift is a minimally invasive type of lift procedure to tighten your skin. This procedure uses dissolvable barbed stitches (threads) underneath your skin to pull your skin back and tighten it. Your body produces collagen in reaction to the threads. Collagen is a protein that gives your skin strength and support to fill in wrinkles.