What is a Mastopexy | Breast Lift Surgery in Lahore?
Mastopexy or breast lift surgery in Lahore is a procedure done to raise and reshapes the sagging breasts to give them a firmer and rounder look.
As one get older, the breasts lose their elasticity and firmness. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight gain or loss can accentuate this process. You might choose to have a breast lift if your breasts sag or your nipples point downward. If you’d also like to increase the size of the breasts, mastopexy can be combined with breast augmentation at the same time.
A breast lift also boost your self-image and self-confidence.
Why It’s Done?
Breasts change with age. They often lose firmness and become less elastic. There are many causes for these kinds of breast changes, including:
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, the fibres of tissue that support the breasts (ligaments) might stretch, causing sagging of breasts after pregnancy.
- Weight changes: Changes in weight can cause the breast skin to stretch. It also can cause breast skin to become less elastic.
- Gravity: Over time, gravity causes the breast ligaments to stretch and sag.
A breast lift procedure can reduce sagging and raise the position of the nipples and areola on breast.
You Might Consider a Breast Lift If:
- Your breasts sag — they’ve lost shape and volume
- Your nipples fall below your breast creases when your breasts aren’t supported
- Your nipples and areolae point downward
- Your areolae have stretched out due to sagging of breast tissue
Risks of Breast Lift Surgery in Lahore
A breast lift surgery risks include:
- Scarring: While scars are permanent, they will fade within 6 months to 1 year. Mastopexy scars are usually hidden by bras and bathing suits.
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation: Sensation typically returns within several weeks. Erotic sensation usually isn’t affected.
- Asymmetrical shape and size of the breasts: This could occur because of changes during the healing process.
- Partial or total loss of the nipples or areolae: Rarely, the blood supply to the nipple or areola can be effected during breast lift surgery. This can damage breast tissue and lead to the partial or total loss of the nipple or areola.
- Trouble Breastfeeding: While breastfeeding is usually possible after a breast lift, some might have trouble producing enough milk.
Like any major surgery, a breast lift poses a risk of bleeding, infection and an adverse reaction to anesthesia. It’s also possible to have an allergic reaction to the surgical tape or other materials used during or after the procedure.
How you prepare for Breast Lift Surgery in Lahore?
At your first visit, your plastic surgeon will likely:
- Review your medical history and past medical conditions.
- Also family history of breast cancer.
- Share the results of any mammograms or breast biopsies.
- Talk about any medications you’re taking or have taken recently, as well as any previous surgeries.
Call Today OR Book Your Consultation With Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid:
- Hameed Latif Hospital: 0305-9738995
- Ittefaq Hospital: 0302-4884063 (Yasir)
Do a Physical Exam:
- To determine your treatment options, the surgeon will examine your breasts — including the position of your nipples and areolae and quality of skin.
- The surgeon may take pictures of your breasts for the medical record.
Discuss Your Expectations:
Explain why you want a breast lift and what you want your breasts to look after the procedure. Make sure you understand the risks and benefits, including scarring and changes in nipple or breast sensation.
Before a Breast Lift Surgery in Lahore you might also need to:
- Have Complete blood profile.
- Schedule a mammogram. As a baseline mammogram before the procedure.
- Stop smoking. Smoking decreases blood flow in the skin and slows the process of healing. So it’s important to stop smoking before surgery.
- Avoid certain medications. Like aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, which can increase bleeding.
What happens in Breast Lift Surgery in Lahore?
A breast lift is usually done in a hospital or an outpatient surgical facility. Sometimes the procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia. In other cases, general anesthesia is recommended.
During The Procedure:
Your surgeon decides the technique used to remove breast skin and reshape breast tissue. The specific technique your plastic surgeon chooses will determine the surgical incisions.
Your surgeon might make incisions:
- Around the areolae — periaerolar incicison/ donut incision
- Extending downward from the areolae to the breast creases – circumvertical or lollipop incision
- Around the aerola, down to the crease and then horizontally along the breast creases—inverted T incision
Once the skin incision is made your surgeon remove excess breast skin and shift the nipples to higher positions. Then the surgeon brings together the breast skin. And close the incisions with stitches, surgical tape or skin adhesives.
The procedure typically takes 2 to 3 hours. You can go home on the same day.
After The Procedure:
- After a breast lift, your breasts will likely be covered with gauze and a surgical support bra. Small tubes might be placed at the incision sites in your breasts to drain any excess blood or fluid.
- In the first few days after a breast lift, pain medication are recommended by your health care provider. Avoid straining, bending and lifting. Sleep on your back or your side to keep pressure off your breasts.
- Drainage tubes are typically removed within a few days.
- Some stitches dissolve on their own. Or may have to be removed 1 to 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Keep wearing the surgical support bra round-the-clock for 3 to 4 days. Then will be shifted to soft support bra for 3 to 4 weeks. Silicone tape or gel are recommended on incisions lines to promote healing.
Results of Breast Lift Surgery In Lahore:
You’ll notice a change in the appearance of your breasts right away. Their shape will continue to change and settle over the next few months.
Initially, scars will appear red and lumpy. While scars are permanent, they’ll soften and become pale within 1 to 2 years. Scars from a breast lift are usually hidden in bras and bathing suits.
Breast lift results might not be permanent. As you age, your skin will naturally lose elasticity over period of time. Some sagging might occur, especially if one has heavier breasts. Keeping a stable, healthy weight can help you retain the results for longer period of time.